Pregnancy & Postpartum Education (Live Zoom)
Doulas By The Bay’s Mission is to not only provide exceptional Doula services to expecting and new families but to also to empower families with evidence-based educational resources.
Coming in June!
Our Live Zoom classes provide new and expectant families with expert-led education they can trust, so they can feel confident from pregnancy journey to postpartum journey, and beyond.
If you book our Doula services, you will have FREE access to Live Zoom Classes or you can register for the classes below.
Signup coming soon! (June 2023)
Below are classes that you will have an access to and what you can expect to learn:
A.9 hour Childbirth Education Live-Zoom Class
- CLASS 1: Understanding pregnancy, fetal development, understanding labor and stages of labor, labor positions, timing contractions, how to choose a provider, prenatal care, birth settings, birth advocacy, partner’s role and doula’s role.
- CLASS 2: Comfort techniques, medical procedures and interventions, pain management, birth options and preference, induction and augmentation methods, relaxation and mindfulness techniques, breathing patterns, Cesarean birth and listening to birth stories.
- CLASS 3: Building a birth plan, postpartum healing, meditations, belly binding, using Rebozo, warning signs, what to pack in a hospital bag, your birth vision, nutrition and Kegel exercises and much more…
B.4 hour Prenatal & Postnatal Lactation Education Live-Zoom Class
Prenatal Lactation Education(Introduction to Breast/chestfeeding
- Breastfeeding, starting out right
- Breastfeeding positions
- Effective Latching
- Infant Feeding Cues
- Getting Enough Milk
- Storing your milk etc.
Postnatal Lactation Education(Breast/chestfeeding troubleshooting)
- Plugged Ducts
- Flange fitting
- Types of breast pumps, Creating a pumping schedule, Back to work prep
- Bottle Refusal
C.2.5 hour Perinatal Pelvic Biomechanics Education Live-Zoom Class
- Prevent tear, decrease risk of surgery and how to shorten your labor
- Develop skills to support effective positioning for labor progress
- Support the baby’s descent and rotation through appropriate movement in medicated and unmedicated births
- Restore your bodily autonomy
- Change space in your pelvis with simple movements
- Explore the baby’s role in labor progress
- Develop skills for working with your baby in labor
- Practice positions that keep you in control and improve birth outcomes
- Learn how to move in labor WITH or WITHOUT an epidural
- …and much more!
"Shakila helped us sleep train our six month old baby back in April 2019. She was wonderful to work with and her methods are very effective!...I would highly recommend her services!"
San Francisco, CA
"Yana was our birth doula and Shakila helped us with our newborn for three months in the fall of 2017 - they're both amazing and we loved working with them..."
San Francisco, CA
"We decided we wanted some night support just a couple of weeks before my due date and I contacted DBB. Shakila was great and quickly found some doulas that could help us..."
San Francisco, CA
See how a doula can help you.
Helping families flourish with their newborn is our passion. Contact DOULAS by the BAY today to learn how we can help your growing family.
DOULAS by the BAY is a collective of Birth and Postpartum Doulas and Newborn Care Specialists who are dedicated to supporting families before, during and immediately after the birth of their baby. We accept the following payments: HSA/FSA, Insurance, Fertility Payments (Carrot, etc.)
Doulas By The Bay’s vision is to offer exceptional doula services to families, while also empowering them with knowledge through the provision of evidence-based educational resources. Our aim is to help families feel confident throughout their pregnancy journey, postpartum journey, and beyond.